Purple HollieDay is the Hollie Gazzard Trust’s annual day to celebrate Hollie Gazzard’s life and takes place each year in July, Hollie’s birth month. Hollie was a fun-loving young person, with a zest for life and a passion for hairdressing.
Tragically Hollie had experienced domestic abuse and stalking prior to being fatally stabbed by an ex-partner at her place of work.
Purple HollieDay celebrates the joy for life that Hollie had; we encourage you to be creative and have fun as you #GoPurple to raise vital funds to support the Healthy Relationships Workshops we offer to schools and colleges.
Purple HollieDay is a day for Hollie, but it is also a special day for all of us to think about how we would like to be treated in our relationships.
Purple HollieDay takes place all day on Friday 7th July 2023 in schools, colleges, workplaces, homes, and other organisations.
On Purple Hollie you can join with friends, family, work colleagues or fellow students to #GoPurple and raise funds for our transformational work to address domestic abuse and stalking.
- Going purple for Purple HollieDay enables you and your team to work together towards a common goal; fantastic for team building
- Being part of Purple HollieDay, and helping raise vital funds to support our education and training, will give you and your team a huge sense of achievement
- Your involvement in Purple HollieDay will help raise awareness of the importance of healthy relationships
- Your fundraising will support our Healthy Relationships Workshops in schools and colleges, making a real difference to young people
Here are a few ideas of ways to fundraise on Purple HollieDay:
- Decorate your school, college or workplace with purple bunting
- Dress down ‘wear purple’ day
- A wrong trousers day
- Purple hair/wig day
- Purple themed cake sale
- Sponsored silence: challenge your students, staff or colleagues to stay quiet for an hour, a whole morning or even a whole day!
- Purple themed quiz
- Sponsored litter pick
- Hold a purple-themed games stall
- Sponsored walk